Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology

If a woman is kicked or punched in the stomach when she is

Customer Question

If a woman is kicked or punched in the stomach when she is approximately six months pregnant, could the child later have seizures (at approximately age 13)/ Currently at age 43 he is still having seizures and doctors cannot diagnosis a cause/ He does not exhibit any brain liasions.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

there is a small chance that the trauma to the mother at 6 months could have caused the child to be having seizures now

however, there are children who have epilepsy seizure disorder who have no lesions in the brain who have seizures without ever having had trauma in the womb while in the mother

I suspect he has epilepsy seizure disorder of the brain. I bet he has to take anti-seizure medications everyday, correct?

has he been diagnosed as having epilepsy?

let me know if you have questions