khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
20084961

I am about 2 weeks late on my period, and have the copper

Customer Question

I am about 2 weeks late on my period, and have the copper IUD paraguard. I have been sexually active in the past month. But I have had negative pregnancy tests. I feel fatigued and my appetite has grown significantly. I'm worried that I could be pregnant please help.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also increased need for urination
Expert:  khagihara replied 5 months ago.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? How old is the copper IUD? Do you have a regular periods? Do you have a problem adjusting to high temperature compared to people around you? Headaches? Natural milk discharge without rubbing the nipples? Is stress increased at home or work recently? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything witch might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am 5'4", 22 years old. I have had the Paragurad since November of 2015. I have gained about 15 pounds in two weeks. I started at 120 pounds and now i am 135. I have been sweating the majority of each day even in a cool environment which is not normal for me. My breasts are not showing discharge but they are more sensitive. I have been working a lot here recently, but I still have time to sleep. But here in the past few days i have had bad insomnia, and cant sleep well. I have severe scoliosis that has been untreated since I was 15. I am not currently on any medications.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ever since I recieved the paraguard i have had normal monthly periods up until this point
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
also I am noticing an increase in vaginal discharge

When did you have the pregnancy tests? Do you want to be pregnant?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Two days ago. No I do not want to be pregnant

You are not pregnant because you had regular periods and the test was negative. You may not ovulate this time. Next period would come late and be heavy. If your period doesn't come for three months, you should see an OB & GYN doctor to have exam, tests, and ultrasound.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you

You are welcome. Please rate my answer. Thank you.