Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, years of experience in the field of Surgery and Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My boyfriend and I had rough sex a few days ago and ever

Customer Question

Hi! So my boyfriend and I had rough sex a few days ago and ever since then I've been having the urgent need to pee way more frequently than I do normally. I think because I wasn't completely aroused the last time we had sex, I might have some vaginal tearing. I don't think I have a UTI because I have had it before and when I went pee, I had pain WHILE I was peeing. But this time I have pain AFTER I pee. I feel it's mostly because of some tearing outside and the urine is touching it? The outer part of my vagina also felt sore when I touched it to wash it. The problem right now is that I keep having the urgent need to go to the bathroom, but when I do, not a lot comes out. Why do you think this is happening and is this serious or will it go away in a few days? I'm also thinking about buying some over the counter medicine to dampen my urge to go to the bathroom. Thank you so much and I hope to hear from you soon!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

These are symptoms of UTI as well. The chance of UTI increases after rough sex and you are most likely suffering from infection. Symptoms can vary at different episodes. You can take over the counter pills like AZO , it will relieve discomfort and frequency. But you need to see your PCP for prescription antibiotics that is definitive treatment. Try to empty bladder completely and take loads of fluids.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Regards.