DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My wife's OB/GYN told her that she is getting a yeast

Customer Question

Hi, my wife's OB/GYN told her that she is getting a yeast infection from me. Is that possible. Also, she prescribe Flucess 150 mg for her and me to take one each. I have no problems taking it, but because of my profession (pilot) I am concern about being drug tested and this med is in my system.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have not.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I take BP, and Cholesterol meds
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 9 months ago.

Hi

Men can get yeast infections.Usually it is common practice by doctors to treat both partners especially in cases where there is recurrent infection.If you and your partner both have symptoms of a yeast infection, it's important that you both be treated to avoid reinfecting each other.

I hope this helps.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 9 months ago.

Hello

To answer your questions:

No, this is not on the list of drugs you can't fly on.

Frankly, there is no hard and fast reason you need an oral medication at this point, and you could use an anti yeast cream on your penis until your wife is better.

Make sure you have a prescription.

Men do not typically get yeast infections, and this is probably not

how your wife got this. Yeast is commonly in the environment. You have not stated that you have any symptoms at all. Typically there would be symptoms such as white spots, redness, dry rash, peeling, etc.

While is is OK for you and your wife to both be treated, if you really have a yeast infection, you need to see a urologist to make sure you don't have other problems.

I am a double board certified US doctor.

Find me anytime.

Please click a positive on this post.