Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I'm 10 days early. I started period on 16th may nd ended

Customer Question

I'm 10 days early. I started period on 16th may nd ended 21st may and sex with my partner on 29 30th may and im not due til 18 June but I started on 8th June. Is this the sign of early pregnancy?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

Well if you are having your period then that means that you are NOT pregnant. The important thing to note here is that you should be having the same amount of bleeding with you do with your normal period. Sometimes a period can appear earlier than usual. But as long as you are on your period, you cannot be pregnant.

However in some cases you could be suffering from implantation bleeding. This occurs when the fertilized travels down the tubes into the uterus and implants into the wall. This usually occurs 6 - 12 days after conception and close to the time of the next menstrual cycle. The amount of bleeding is relatively light, and will only last a couple of days. For some women, the flow will resemble a very light period. Pregnancy bleeding from implantation may include some mild cramping as the egg implants and the uterus is changing to accommodate the embryo. However, cramping with implantation bleeding is usually much lighter than what women might experience with a regular period.

Here is an article which helps you in differentiating between the two

http://www.wikihow.com/Recognize-Implantation-Bleeding

The best thing would be to get a pregnancy test to determine if you are pregnant and if so you should visit your doctor. A blood test would be more accurate.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have never been this early before. 10days Is way too early. I bleeding only 3 days now I am worried I will take pregnant test thanks.

That would be the best option, but be sure to get a blood test done. that is much more accurate than a home pregnancy test.

Do remember to leave a positive rating as that is how we are compensated.

Thanks

Were you able to get the pregnancy test?