Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology

I am a 55 yr old female rape survivor. I have been through

Customer Question

I am a 55 yr old female rape survivor. I have been through therapy and am sexually very happy. The problem is I have discovered that the only way I can relax enough to lower inhibitions is to take a shot or 2 of alchohol prior... I'd really like to find something more natural to create that feeling since I really don't like taste of alchohol and take it like a medication when needed...
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

You can use some natural techniques to lower anxiety levels accurately. However, whatever you use should be readily and easily available to you.

Some of the substances that have proved to help are Chamomile tea or Chamomile supplements for at least 8 weeks to lower the anxiety and to relax. Add omega 3s to your diet, this can be found in walnuts, Caned fatty fish, such as tuna and salmon and flax seeds or use omega three supplements available OTC in the pharmacy.

Cut down on caffeine and exercise every day at least 15 minutes. Initially, you will need to take the occasional alcohol shot but gradually taper it off within a couple of weeks when you are well set on the above.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any queries related to this.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thx but I have tried those things so this response is nothing new!
Expert:  Dr David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

have you tried medications like valium or xanax or ativan?

these medications can help decrease anxiety symptoms

and act on your body very similarly to alcohol.