Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, years of experience in the field of Surgery and Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have tissue protruding at the top of my vaginal opening

Customer Question

I have tissue protruding at the top of my vaginal opening and it is sensitive to the touch.
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: I have had a hysterectomy (15 years ago) and I am 56. When I first noticed it a couple of months ago, it looked sort of like a blood vessel. I thought maybe it was like a hemmeroid (sp?). This morning it doesn't look quite so red, but it looks almost as if I have another vaginal opening above my vagina.
JA: When I remember I'll let you know. How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: I just noticed it a few months ago. Intercourse has been painful for years and I'm wondering if it is related.
JA: Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

This is most likely a polyp which is a benign growth from the vaginal or cervical mucosa and protrudes from vagina. Other possibility is vaginal wall prolapse in which wall of vagina becomes lax and comes down. Both of these conditions can be diagnosed on vaginal examination. Painful intercourse can be related. I would suggest you to visit a gynecologist for thorough physical examination so that exact diagnosis can be made and treated accordingly.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health