Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.

I'm curious of the effectiveness of Mirena at 7 years. I've

Customer Question

I'm curious of the effectiveness of Mirena at 7 years. I've been out of the country, and didn't want it removed by a new doctor. I've had unprotected sex with my spouse, but I'm curious as to is there a possibility to get pregnant
JA: Sounds as though you might have some questions about pregnancy - you've come to the right place. The OB/GYNs we work with are available 24/7 to get you the answers you need. When was your last checkup?
Customer: a year ago.
JA: Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Some studies have reported that it is effective even up to 7 years, however this is not something that can be depended upon. Recommended duration as you know is 5 years after which it needs to be removed.

Therefore the answer to your question is that there is definitely a possibility that you can get pregnant.

Take care.