Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed

I have a question in regards, RhoGAM Shot During Pregnancy.

Customer Question

Hello I have a question in regards, ***** ***** During Pregnancy. During pregnancy i was told that I was RH NEGATIVE. Which I didnt know what it meant. Doctor explained plus i did so much research started to get very nervous and started to get anxiety which I never have had. At my 28 weeks i was given the from the nurse.
Time flew by and here I am getting induced from my 1st baby girl. The hospital had to withdraw my blood twice to confirm my blood type. I was ACTUALLY RH positive - The clinic which i was going to gave me the incorrect blood work.
Question: is it bad? will anything happen if i try to have more kids? is it bad having more antibodies?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 4 months ago.

in case that you are rh-positive, anti-D-prophylaxis certainly wouldn´t have been necessary, but I can reassure you, that it doesn´t cause any problem concerning further pregnancy. There´s no risk for your next kid ;-)

Kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them. Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating (3-5 stars).
Thanks a lot, all the best for you,
Dr. N. Scheufele