Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .

My wife is having really bad pain that feels like menstrual

Customer Question

My wife is having really bad pain that feels like menstrual cramps
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: She cant lie down or sleep
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: She had her period alittle bit ago so we know its not that. She says it kind of feels like contractions but she is not pregnant now
JA: Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: Her nehind is hurting as well Behind*
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Did she have pain in lower abdomen- right or left ?

On a grade of 1 to 10 how would she rate the pain?

Is pain localized ?

Any change in bowel movements? Vomiting?

Is she still having periods? her age?

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your wife's problems.

I can see that you came online, so i am posting my answer.

Well, such symptoms could be indicative of underlying medical issue, and has to be thoroughly investigated by doctor.

Possible reasons are-

1. Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). It is an infection of the reproductive organs. The pelvis is in the lower abdomen and includes the Fallopian tubes, the ovaries, the cervix, and the uterus. This can be caused by bacterial infection.

2. Ovarian Cyst.

3. Kidney stone.

4. Cystitis.

It may also arise from muscles and connective tissue (ligaments) in the structures of the pelvic floor.

Kidney stone and Ovarian cyst are the most common cause with such symptoms.

For the time, she can take OTC Tylenol and take rest. In case pain is severe, then please rush her to ER ASAP.

Otherwise, she can see doctor by tomorrow. A clinical examination and tests should be done.

She would need, Pelvic examination to assess the condition of the cervix and investigations like TVS Ultrasound for further evaluation. Also Urine routine and microscopic examination should be done.

If this is related with infection, then a course of antibiotic would be prescribed.

Please see her doctor and get it clinically evaluated.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.