Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine

My bladder hurts when I pee and I just wiped my vagina and

Customer Question

My bladder hurts when I pee and I just wiped my vagina and there was a little light blood on the tissue
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: The light blood just started. But when I pee my bladder hurts and sometime it feels like I have to go really bad but only a little comes out. This has been going on for about a week
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: I've had a uti in the past. I'm on birth control, and I'm sexually active. I'm 21 years old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Doctor and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Your symptoms and clinical manifestations are suspicious for UTI. You may be developing cystitis, which is infection of the bladder. Alternatively you may also be having a urinary tract stone which can explain the pain and blood.

A thorough clinical examination followed by relevant investigations like urine analysis and possibly an ultrasound examination of the pelvis focusing on the bladder, kidney and urinary tract should help in finalising the diagnosis and then treated appropriately (antibiotic, plenty of fluids etc). Also it is important to find out whether the symptoms are originating from the genital tract with appropriate clinical and lab examinations and then treated appropriately.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,