Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have been suffering from a yeast infection past two

Customer Question

I have been suffering from a yeast infection for the past two months. I have been to the doctors three times and have been given creams and pills. The symptoms seem to go away for a few days and then return. Out of desperation I have researched oil of oregano, but I am wondering if this will have an effect on my birth control pills .
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Oil oregano will not affect your birth control pill efficacy.

Here is a plan for recurrent yeast infections which work well.
1. You need to follow anti candida diet.
This diet consists of eliminating any sugar and simple carbs.
Your daily carb intake should be less than 60 grams daily.
You can eat high protein diet containing meat, chicken, turkey, shellfish, non-starchy vegetables, and certain nuts.
Avoid foods containing any type of yeast. This includes fermented foods such as bread made with yeast, cheese, tomato paste, mushrooms, and beer.
2. You can try a medication called Boric acid 600 mg vaginal suppositories daily for 2 weeks.
Boric acid works well in yeast infections resistant to fluconazole and other topical creams.
3. Certain natural supplements like garlic capsules 1 capsule twice daily, probiotics like Phillip's colon health may be helpful in developing natural immunity against yeast infection.

4. Your partner also should follow similar diet plan and treated prophylactically with fluconazole to prevent any yeast infection.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have cut down on sugars, carbs, no alcohol. Do you think the oil of oregano will help? Where would I get the more boric acid from ?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.

Boric acid will require prescription.

Oil oregano may help but not proven though.

Best wishes,