Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have a recurrent yeast infection just about a month apart

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a recurrent yeast infection just about a month apart without being intimate
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: why
JA: Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: I thought it was the liners I was using or the new soap. I started seeing signs right after my cycle
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: ....three weeks ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Liner or soap or detergent intolerance can change vaginal pH increasing risk for yeast infection.

Here is a plan for recurrent yeast infections which work well.
1. You need to follow anti candida diet.
This diet consists of eliminating any sugar and simple carbs.
Your daily carb intake should be less than 60 grams daily.
You can eat high protein diet containing meat, chicken, turkey, shellfish, non-starchy vegetables, and certain nuts.
Avoid foods containing any type of yeast. This includes fermented foods such as bread made with yeast, cheese, tomato paste, mushrooms, and beer.
2. You can try a medication called Boric acid 600 mg vaginal suppositories daily for 2 weeks.
Boric acid works well in yeast infections resistant to fluconazole and other topical creams.
3. Certain natural supplements like garlic capsules 1 capsule twice daily, probiotics like Phillip's colon health may be helpful in developing natural immunity againt yeast infection.

4. Your partner also should follow similar diet plan and treated prophylactically with fluconazole to prevent any yeast infection.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/