Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

I have had an oder like death come from my vaginal area and

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have had an oder like death come from my vaginal area and it started after my last menstrual cycle.
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: Well, there is no itching, or burning nothing of the sort. I noticed this awful smell after I had a new sexual partner. I can shower a couple times a day and the smell won't go away. I am not on birthbirth control, or any medication. I did how ever have unprotected sex, around the time the smell started to occur
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: My my discharge has been thicker with more tinge of yellow to it, is all I have re all noticed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 4 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ....

Most common cause of Vaginal odor in the absence of itching , burning is Bacterial Vaginosis , this is the most common reason of Vaginal odor . This occurs because of overgrowth of normal vaginal bacteria .

You should avoid Douching , maintain Vaginal acidity , get healthy food , Vitamin C , Citrus fruit .

If after week this persist you should go to dr for medication please .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Even if this has been going on since April?
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 4 months ago.

If this is since April than possibility of Fungal other infections like Chlymadia , Trichomoniasis should be ruled out , after Bcaterial vaginosis this is second most common organism causing odor .

I will suggest you to start Tab Metronidiazole 400 mg three times a day , this will help you out .

Good luck .

Please rate as good service .

Thanks .