Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology

C, the question pertains to my year old mother. She has

Customer Question

Hi Dr. C, the question pertains to my 69 year old mother. She has light pink vaginal bleeding which she kept to herself the last few months. I only found out because she was trying to change the sheets. I am the care taker. long story short I called her primary when they opened in the AM and the same day (she is home bound) they send diagnostic and lab people for the blood. She has a sever UTI for which days later when the culture came back they prescribed Antibiotics. The ultrsound dagnosed "enlarged fibroid uterus", kidney stones and gall stones. The ovaries are normal and lining is 3MM... we are taking her by ambulette because she is disabled from lupus to a facility to do a complete GYN exam. Please advise what scenario we may be dealing with and what questions we should ask. thank you!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 4 months ago.

When did your mother last have a pelvic exam and Pap smear? Thank you.

Expert:  Dr David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about your mother.

I'm glad they found her urinary tract infection.

severe vaginal atrophy from menopause can cause light pink vaginal bleeding.

she may benefit from vaginal estrogen creams to help with vaginal atrophy.

at her age of 69, she should not be having uterine fibroids which are bleeding since these fibroids usually are driven by estrogen creams.

she needs a uterine biopsy to check for uterine cancer which is the most common cause for post menopausal vaginal bleeding.

talk to her doctors about having a uterine biopsy if possible. hopefully she can tolerate a uterine biopsy

uterine biopsy is the best way to know if she has uterine cancer in her uterus.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using