Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.
13781349

I have been having a lot of lower back pain, irregular r

Customer Question

Hi i have been having a lot of lower back pain, irregular r periods, bloating and pain during masterbation is it worth visiting the doctor for
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: No no recent injuries my back pain started around Christmas, we thought it was just my pelvis but came back at the beginning of april and hasn't left. The bloating is hard and hurts to touch
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: I have had ovarian cysts in the past. The last time i had a period i was really light then all of a sudden over the space of 5 minutes i bled to the point it covered my legs down to the calf.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 6 months ago.

Hello!

Yes I do think it is worth you seeing your gynecologist for further evaluation. What you describe is not normal or expected but does represent problem and abnormal symptoms. It might be that you could have endometriosis as an aspect of problem ...( back pain/ bloating / as possible symptoms )

Ovarian cysts might relate to irregular periods ..

The pain with masturbation should be discussed further with your doctor and investigated as to cause of this as well ... Details such as pain with penetration would be relevant to considering causes ...

Have you any vaginal discharge? Fever / chills / nausea?

I think you need to start the process of evaluation with your gynecologist to discuss symptoms in detail, have lower back/ abdominal and pelvic exams / some blood work may be helpful and a pelvic ultrasound would likely be a needed test in your case

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD