Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, years of experience in the field of Surgery and Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I'm having a problem down there... Little clumps in my

Customer Question

Hi there! I'm having a problem down there... Little white clumps in my vagina but no smell or anything... I've been struggling with non stop issues with infections for over 2 years...ever since I took antibiotics... I'm std free and so is my husband.
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: I feel like symptoms get worse when I'm having sex with my husband...I feel like I may be reacting to his pre-cum (not sure that it's the term used by professionals! Sorry!)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

White bumps can be due to blocked sebaceous glands in the vaginal area. These can be likened to white heads. White bumps can also form as a result of friction during sexual intercourse.

However, allergic reactions due to any reason (pre cum or clothing) usually causes a red rash and is itchy and lasts approximately 48 hours.

White bumps are also seen in certain fungal infection.

The best course of action will be to take a picture of the bumps in their flare up or show the Dermatologist when they are there. A swab for fungal culture needs to be sent.

You should start on an anti allergic orally just to make sure these are not allergic, anti allergic medication can be found OTC.

Let me know if you have any other concerns or queries.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have little white clumps...not bumps... Looks almost like little pieces of paper towel that are wet...and they're only inside my vagina...and it's been going on for a few weeks now... What do you think would cause that?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

Can you post a picture of the lesions you are talking about for a better understanding.

Without a picture, it will only be a speculation.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't post pictures of it right now but it looks exactly like little pieces of white paper towel...few millimeters each...no smell or anything else
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I feel like my flora doesn't know which way to go right now...it's trying to heal from the 2 year trauma of non-stop vaginitis u know
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello? Are you still there?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

Yes, white patches like the ones you are mentioning are mostly fungal in nature and its not necessary for them to itch or smell.

That is why I think a swab for fungal culture will be best.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

Best wishes.