Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology
41363181

I have a rash that looks like shingles on my ribcage and

Customer Question

I have a rash that looks like shingles on my ribcage and break out that looks like herpes on my labia. Both on same side of bod . I am fearful I have contracted herpes, but could it be shingles or both. I was deathly I'll just a few days ago with migraines, couldnt hardly open my eyes, fever around 100, nausea, aches and pain all ove .
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 6 months ago.

This is Dr. David

a painful rash on the rib cage sounds like shingles which comes from the chicken pox virus you get when you are a child

and can come out when you are ill or sick and your immune system is suppressed.

you need to see a doctor to get on a course of acyclovir pills and acyclovir creams to help this shingles viral outbreak rash to heal up faster.

the acyclovir can help your herpes outbreak to heal up as well.

the herpes virus most likely was in your body for years as well and only comes out when your immune system is weak and you are sick or really run down.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com