Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I had a hysterectomy going on 4 weeks ago and have had

Customer Question

I had a hysterectomy going on 4 weeks ago and have had really bad anxiety for the last two weeks. I asked my dr if we need to check my hormone levels . I still have my ovaries. Anyway it got bad enough I went to er over a week ago to get checked and all they concluded after checking everything that I have anxiety. I started on 10 mg of Lexapro today will be 4 days. Not sure if this is the right medicine to be on but I need help with this. I did have my blood drawn yesterday by another gyno and will hopefuly know by tomorrow what the results are of my hormone levels. I'm not sure where this anxiety is stemming from ?
JA: The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: just severe anxiety and need advice
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 months ago.

Hello

You have to be on lexepro for 3 to 4 weeks for it really to be working.

The exact cause of anxiety is not clear...it is from multiple causes.

Many physical conditions can also result in anxiety or contribute to it.

Thyroid imblanace for example.

So a medical doctor also has to give you a complete exam.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/