Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

I just found out that I'm pregnant and I am trying to

Customer Question

Hi I just found out that I'm pregnant and I am trying to determine if I concieved day 13 or day 16 after my last period.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 11 months ago.

time of conception depends on the regular lenght of your cycle. Ovulation usually takes place 14 days before the beginning of period. So on a 28-days-cycle it would be day 14, day 13 would require a 27-, day 16 a 30-day-cycle.

Kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The problem is that my menstrual cycle has been irregular since I had a baby in September. My LMP started on April 25, that was on a 35 day cycle. Prior to that it was 31 days and before that it was 37 days. I had intercourse in May with 2 different men, one who ejaculated in me and the other didn't. The one who didn't, I had sex with on May 7 and 14. The one who did ejaculate inside me was on May 10.

Generally there´s a range of about 7 days (plus/minus) concerning the definition of ovulation date, so with intercourses of this distance a reliable decision is not possible. However the drop of precum only can contain sperm if the bladder wasn´t emptied after last orgasm, so 10th of may is much more likely.

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them. Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating (3-5 stars).
Thanks a lot, all the best for you,
Dr. N. Scheufele