Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.

I'm 38. I've had tubal ligation done almost 11 yrs ago. And

Customer Question

I'm 38. I've had tubal ligation done almost 11 yrs ago. And had one ovary and tube removed (same side) in 2009. Is there anyway I can get pregnant still? I'd like to have another child before I'm 40
JA: The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: Cost is of importance. I can't afford ivf and my ins won't cover it or tubal reversal. Is there any hope?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 4 months ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you

With one ovary and same side fallopian tube intact, it is same chances of you getting pregnant, as when you had 2 ovaries

Means to say, there is no difference

There is no difficulty as the single ovary can compensate the lost ovaries function, and produces eggs every month during the ovulation period. [Normally both ovaries produce eggs alternately]

Hope this helps

Any doubts ask me

Request to leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page, only then I'm compensated for my time and answer.

Any bonus appreciated.

A very good luck! God bless you!

Do you have further questions?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Besides ivf and TR is there any methods to get pregnant after tubal ligation

No, I don't think so, tube should be intact, tube reversal is the only option, and yes IVF, an another.

Tube reversal is not a major surgery and it can be tried, once conceived, no pregnancy risk, all the process will be natural

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No thank you. Can they not AI the sperms directly into open portion of the tube? I know the ends are closed but can't they do that

No because, the fertilization[mingling of the sperm with egg] takes place in tube and not ovary, so tube should be intact

Any questions you can ask, if done, please click on positive rating