Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed

I had an acid treatment to remove a genital wart 2 days ago.

Customer Question

I had an acid treatment to remove a genital wart 2 days ago. The area around the wart is now very sore and slightly bleeding, and has a bit of fluid on it. The skin in this area also seems to be coming off, like a pizza burn. Is this normal? Should I seek urgent treatment?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How old are you?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 5 months ago.

symptoms like these are quite normal after such a treatment. I would recommend to await the further progression, helpful can be sitz baths with a chamomile lotion (over the counter at pharmacy). Only if you don´t feel better during the next 3 days, examination would be necessary.

Hope you get well soon, kind regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them. Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating (3-5 stars).
Thanks a lot, all the best for you,
Dr. N. Scheufele