Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I'm 64 and haven't had a period in years. But im bleeding

Customer Question

I'm 64 and haven't had a period in years. But im bleeding and clotting every other day for the past 3 weeks. I have no pain at all
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: Ok
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 6 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Any bleeding in a woman after menopause needs to be checked. It is most often an indication of abnormal growth in the uterus. Some of these growths are benign, such as a polyp or hyperplasia, and some are cancerous, but it is obviously the possibility of cancerous growths that is the most worrisome and is the reason why a woman with post-menopausal bleeding needs to be checked.

There is no method to be able to determine the cause of the bleeding at home, so you would need to be seen by your doctor. It is not something that needs a visit to an emergency room, but it is better to be seen by your regular doctor as quickly as can be arranged.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

If you would like my assistance with any future questions, the question can be directed to me through my profile at www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/