Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

52 years old, postmenapausal, thickened endometiral stripe

Customer Question

52 years old, postmenapausal, thickened endometiral stripe with small fluid in the endometiral cavity. what could this mean?
JA: The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: like what do you want to know?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: high blood pressure, 218 lbs, cyct, fibroid
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: postmenapausal bleeding for 5 days after 4 years of not bleeding. Uterine ablation 4 years ago.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Fluid in the endometrial cavity most likely means blood in there.

Thickened endometrium could be:

1. endometrial hyperplasia (increase in the size of endometrium due to proliferation of cells in it)
  2. Endometrial cancer
  3. Endometritis (inflammation of the endometrium)

You should follow up with your OB/GYN on this as you will most likely require an endometrial biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards