DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Internist trained in OB/GYN

I'm a 60 year old and is having periods every once in a

Customer Question

I'm a 60 year old and is having periods every once in a while is this ok?
JA: The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: I stopped my cycle about 4 years ago and now I have started it again not every month but every 2_3 months seems like, here lately for the past 5 months.
JA: Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 5 months ago.
thanks for this questionNo, this is not okay.This is highly abnormalyou need evaluation by your doctor right away. It could be nothing but things like cervical/ovarian cancer need to be ruled out.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using
thanks for this questionPlease don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)if you have more questions, just reply :)