Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have a question JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: I was diagnosed with yeast infection a few months ago and was treated in the hospital for it. This past weekend or seemed to be starting again and instead of calling my doctor I bought Monistat 1 day dose ovule. The white discharge stopped as well as the itching, but now I'm having blood discharged and I'm not sure if it's my period, it's very heavy and it looks like gelly rather than my normal period
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.When was your last regular period?Are you on any birth control pill?Infection can sometimes cause blood vessel rupture in the vagina and cervix resulting in heavy bleeding. Period also can be heavy sometimes. Usually tends to become lighterday by day and stopping by a week.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/