Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

I have recurrent yeast infections and discharges: some grey,

Customer Question

I have recurrent yeast infections and discharges: some grey, some yellowish and the vulva skin has lesions too. I always go to my doctor and he prescribes pills for the symptoms. I have the copper IUD since 2007. I've been diagnosed as having the Herpes Complex 1 virus back in 2005. Are my symptoms due to the virus, the IUD, or is there something else I should be asking the doctor, or requesting? I want to deal with the cause of my problem and not just deal with the symptoms, please help!!!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.
Hi this is Dr Stan here to help you today. You need to get a full physical including blood tests to make sure you have not developed diabetes. You should also consider having the IUD removed since this can contribute to getting frequent yeast infections. Can the Herpes virus increase the likelihood of yeast infections? Possibly because of changes in pH in the vagina which can make you more susceptible to infection. I hope this is helpful and I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. A positive rating is always appreciated.