Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I had a prolapsed bladder operation in 2010 but the mesh apparently

Customer Question

I had a prolapsed bladder operation in 2010 but the mesh apparently became exposed, leaving excessive bleeding and discharge. My question is, what would the cost and time frame be for a operation to fix this problem. I would need this information as I need to apply for a Medical Treatment Visa, extremely urgent. We are currently living in Australia in Townsville on a 457 visa which will be expiring soon.
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 5 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.What country are you going to travel to for this surgical repair?Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We are currently staying in Australia and want to remain here for the surgery and treatment. My wife has no other problems and are not taking any medication at this stage. Sorry to ask you this, but seen that you are obvious not from Australia, I take, would you be able to give me the correct answers we are seeking.
Thank you for that additional information.I am in the USA.Unfortunately, as to the cost of surgery to repair this issue, only an rough estimate can be established. In order to get any true numbers the surgeon would have to examine your wife and make a surgical plan. Then the hospital billing office, using the diagnosis codes and surgical plan, would be able to give you a better idea of the costs -- barring any complications, stay in the ICU etc.In my hospital surgical removal and replacement of exposed mesh with repair of the bladder and related structures, planning on a 3 day post-op hospital stay without complications would run between $US11,000 to $US20,000. She would require followup medical visits for at least 30 days and then, if all is going well, could be transferred to the care of a surgeon in her own countryI would expect it to be about the same in Australia......You could safely use these numbers when applying for your Medical Treatment Visa.Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS