Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .

How can I calculate my ovulation in April. MY last start day

Customer Question

How can I calculate my ovulation in April. MY last start day of my period was April 17-18 can't remember which exact day. I have not gotten my period this month and have leaking in breast very small amount. I need to know when I was like to conceive in April. My cycle is always five days long.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Welcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Well, For women with a 28-day cycle, the 14th day is often the day of ovulation.Also Prior to ovulation, cervical mucus is cloudy and thicker, and a few days before ovulation it becomes clear, slippery, and stretchy like raw egg whites. The Ovulation usually takes place 14 days after the beginning of your menstrual cycle.For women with a 28-day cycle, the 14th day is often the day of ovulation.In your case, considering April 17 was last start day of period, Most fertile days are from- Thursday, 28 April - Tuesday, 3 May.If you had unprotected sex within this period, then you may get pregnancy. The pregnancy hormone hcg take at least 2 weeks after missed period, to show up in test. You should wait for 2 weeks, after missed period, and then get a blood pregnancy test.If after 2 weeks, you have a negative pregnancy test, then missed period can be due to stress, or hormonal disturbances. Hope this helpedPlease use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to meMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh