Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.
20638885

I'm 13 weeks and 1 day pregnant I'm trying to figure out when I conceived... I&#

Customer Question

I'm 13 weeks and 1 day pregnant I'm trying to figure out when I conceived... I'm being told I conceived on the 16th of February and also on the 2nd of March. Which one is more correct because I had sex with 2 people. One was on the 10th, 13th of February and again on the 1st of March but the other was on the 28th of February
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your question.Please tell me what was the first day of your last menstrual period.What is your normal cycle duration.Thanks
Please clarify. The duration of 13 weeks and 1 days is from today?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
February 17,2016 my cycle is 28 days. Yes as of right now I am 13 weeks and 1 day. My last ultrasound said I was 7 weeks and 2day and that was on April 8th
I would be answering in few minutes.Please wait.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank u
Thank you for waiting.I had been busy in emergency.Do you have very regular 28 days cycle which does not increase or decrease?Was the last menstrual period similar to the earlier periods in amount and duration of flow?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes they only change about a day so they last 4-5 days which is normal for me. And they have been normal with the bleeding as well. They aren't light but not heavy they are very regular
Did the last one was starting on Feb 17 last for 4-5 days with normal bleeding?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes it lasted 5 days
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
But I do know some people can still have a normal period while pregnant as well. So I'm just trying to figure out what day I conceived being 13 weeks
Thanks for the reply.Conception could not have occurred before the LMP as endometrium is shed during the menstrual period and uterus could not have sustained a pregnancy if complete menstrual period happened.There can be implantation bleed after conception but it is different from a menstrual period. You cannot have a normal period while being pregnantAccording to the information provided by you the conception should have occurred most likely on March 1 as you have very regular cycles of 28 days and therefore ovulation is expected to have occurred on March 1 that is 14 days afterUS age has a discrepancy because according to US age provided by you, discrepancy of 13days is there if conception occurred on March 1.This is unusual as US has a discrepancy of 5-7 days normally.There is a small chance that ovulation occurred earlier than 14 days and in that case it may have occurred around 28 February.In that case US age discrepancy of 11 days is there.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
But my due date is November 23, 2016 that's why I'm trying to figure out what day I conceived cuz if I conceived on the 2nd of March my due date would be December 9th
Feb 16 is not possible as according to your cycle you should have conceived around Feb 3 as that should have been the time of your ovulation if your LMP was at 28 days from the second last LMP.US age cannot support conception around Feb 3 .The difference in due date is a result of the discrepancy in US gestational age.I feel that you need to have the US repeated to be sure of the gestational age as somethings are not matching up here.
US should preferably be done before 14 weeks are completed as US within 14 weeks are expected to be of greater accuracy compared to those done after 14 weeks