Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I had sex with a friend of mine, it was unprotected and I

Customer Question

I had sex with a friend of mine, it was unprotected and I ejaculated inside of her, not worried about STDs, we both have talked and discussed the last time we were tested. I am worried about her being pregnant tho. She told me shes on birth control but doesn't take them "religiously" and she took Plan B the day after. I have been stressing over this and reading a lot of information online, which is making it worse, so I decided to come here for your input.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 10 months ago.
I think pregnancy is highly unlikely, although it depends partly on how many days of birth control pills she has missed recently.Plan B will prevent more than 90% of pregnancies that would otherwise have occurred. Since it's probably unlikely that a pregnancy would have occurred anyway, I don't think you have to worry.If she missed 2-3 days of her pills in a row, that would increase the chance that she could get pregnant, but the Plan B would still prevent most pregnancies. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
So even if she missed 2-3 days of pills, Plan B would still help prevent most pregnancies? I know if she stopped taking the pills her body would go into ovulation, is there a set time period of when that would happen? Also would Plan B still work at that point?
Plan B doesn't work as well if ovulation has already occurred. However, missing 2-3 days, ovulation isn't likely, but is possible.