DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Internist trained in OB/GYN

My girlfriend has BV she definitely got it from me. I've had

Customer Question

My girlfriend has BV she definitely got it from me. I've had more partners than I can count. What should I do?
JA: The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: Well I understand that men can harbor bacterium that causes bacterial vaginitis in women. How can I best treatment my case
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: IV had a lot of unprotected but I have no sti
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for this questionBV, is not a sexually transmitted disease and males cannot cause itsexually activity can disrupt bacteria in the vagina and trigger BVBut I think you have nothing to do with itIf you are at risk for STDs, you should be tested to be sure