Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .

I have been on Livial and a half months. I missed a

Customer Question

I have been on Livial for one and a half months. I missed a tablet in the second month. For four days since missing the tablet I have experienced bleeding as if I was having a light period (before this I had not had a period for four years). Is this normal and how long will the bleeding last?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.
HelloWelcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern Are you sexually active now?Have you re-started taking the livial after missing it for 4 days?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes I am. I missed only one day and restarted the next day. I have had bleeding ever since.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for the quick reply. Livial tablets contain the active ingredient tibolone,Yes,missing a dose may increase the likelihood of breakthrough bleeding and spotting.As you have missed the dose of livial,it is likely to get vaginal bleeding or spotting. You were in menopause & hence you were not having periods for last 4 years.It is quite normal to have the light period/vaginal bleeding or spotting due to the missed dosage of livial. This bleeding should usually stop within 5-7 days. Its good that you resumed it immediately after missing it for one day.So I advise you to wait & watch for next 2-3 days to get this bleeding stop. If still the bleeding continues,then you need to consult your gyne doctor.Usually & most likely it gets stops within 5-7 days. Hope this helpedPlease use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to meMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh