Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

Just went pap test. The Dr. found in his words a slight

Customer Question

Just went for my pap test. The Dr. found in his words a slight raise in my right ovary. Told me it might be from hormones, or my period which I just ended 3 days ago. Wanted me to get an ultra sound. He was not concerned but just wanted to check. Could this be from my period. If so I did read online it takes awhile for the swelling to go down. Is this a cancer concern? Im 42 years old.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.
HelloYes, the doctor wants to rule out a mass.This is good sense, as a cyst that is bigger than normal can be an early red flag.Sounds like you have a cautious doctor, which is good. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here