khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.

I have two children and we have been trying to get pregnant

Customer Question

Hello, I have two children and we have been trying to get pregnant almost for two years now. When we first started trying, I got pregnant right away and six weeks later, I miscarried. Prior to that, I had multiple abdominal surgeries due to a lap band removal complication. I removed my lap band in 2013 and had about six more surgeries within three months due to complications and infection. Once I was healed , that's when we started trying to conceive. I am just trying to give you an idea of any problem I might have that I should check. I have done many tests including , blood work for hormones, an ultrasound, and HSG. Everything came back normal and I'm just wanting to see if there is anything else I should do. My husband will be getting tested but I mean he's had two kids and I'm really sure it's not him that is the problem. He is a heavy smoker and is borderline diabetic. What do you advise me to do. Thank you for your time
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 5 months ago.
Since you got pregnant and miscarried, your husband doesn't have problem and you don't have problem to get pregnant from the surgeries. Sometimes the cause is not known. Have you tried Clomid & artificial insemination?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have tried clomid but no luck. We have not tried artificial insemination. Is it the same as Ivf? Either way we haven't tried it
It is different from IVF. Artificial insemination is take semen, concentrate it, and make it enter into the uterus with the syringe. Did your doctor find the cause? Do you have ovulation problem?
You should try clomid plus IUI (ntrauterine insemination) three or four cycles. If they don't work, you should have IVF.