khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
20084961

I had a miscarriage in mid March. My doctor gave me

Customer Question

Hello, I had a miscarriage in mid March. My doctor gave me cytotec since my body was not doing anything on its own. I had heavy bleeding for about a week and after that pretty much only brownish red when I wiped after using the bathroom with an occasional clot. I had my first period which started on May 2nd and was like a normal period for me. I do still have a little brownish red when I wipe but this afternoon passed this huge hard piece of tissue but no bleeding. Can I send a picture to get an idea of what this is?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've attached a photo of the tissue I passed.
Expert:  khagihara replied 7 months ago.
It seems to be the remaining of the pregnancy product. You don't need to worry about it. Reassured.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The miscarriage was about 8 weeks ago...is it normal to retain product for so long? How will I know that everything is finally out? I am nervous about something still being retained and it affecting me trying to conceive again.
It is possible. If you worry, you should have ultrasound to have the inside of the uterus checked.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had a trans vaginal ultrasound about a week after the miscarriage started due to heavy bleeding and all that was seen was clots which my doctor said would work their way out. I also had an internal exam about 4 weeks ago where the doctor said everything looked and felt normal. Is it possible this is a decidual cast? I have no bleeding anymore except brownish red when I wipe. Is that normal 8 weeks later?
It could be decidua. You may take it to your doctor who will send it to a pathologist.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I didn't save it. Is it normal to still have the brownish red when I wipe 8 weeks later?
sounds normal. It should be old blood.