Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have breast pain 3 weeks out of the year JA: OK. The Gynecologist

Customer Question

I have breast pain 3 weeks out of the year
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: i mean
JA: Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: month
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have tender breasts 3 weeks out of the month and I wanted to know what to do. I am not on hormonal birth control (and will not ever go on it). I'm 30 years old. This has been happening regularly for the past six months and I am prone to ovarian cysts. I rarely drink caffeine or have dairy.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.How old are you?Do you feel any lump?does the pain affect both breasts equally?Any family history of breast cancer in first degree relatives?Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am 29 turning 30 in 3 monthsIt affects both breasts equally.
No birth control.
No family hx of breast cancer.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Ok then your risk of breast cancer is very low just liek anyone else in your age group. Do not worry about that. Breast pain is likely due to the estrogenic influence. You can try NSAIDs like naproxen 500 mg twice daily with food to control the pain. Avoid any soy products and any hormone containing meat or food ingredients. Magnesium supplements 400 mg daily also may be helpful. Best wishes