DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Internist trained in OB/GYN
55099014

I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant and have an issue with

Customer Question

I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant and have an issue with reoccurring yeast infections. A Dr. Prescribed Fluconazole(Diflucan Eq) 150MG to me, and I was told to take one every 3 days for 3 days. I was curious if it was ok to take that, being that he previously stated that they don't normally prescribethat medication to pregnant women, because the pills were at low risk for still birth. It's my first child so I'm pretty paranoid, sorry.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 6 months ago.
You are correctthis absolutely is NOT okayIt is pregnancy category DI wouldn't take itlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com
Thanks for this question.Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)If you have more questions, just reply