LaKrystal Warren
LaKrystal Warren,
Experience:  Physician at Contemporary Women's Care
93539917

I found that have Chlamydia and it's been 3 years since I got

Customer Question

I found that have Chlamydia and it's been 3 years since I got it. I am so worried that it might have caused damage to my reproductive organs already
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: My present boyfriend just told me he has it and must have gotten it from me because i'm the only girl he slept with since a year ago. And it's the same with with me because the last time I had sex before meeting him was a year ago. So I don't know who infected who. And also, since I slept with him, have been having rashes all over by bikini area. So, I don't know if it's because of the Chlamydia
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: That's all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  LaKrystal Warren replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I am OB GYN and I can help you with this. There is no way to know who infected who and we can't be sure that you have had Chlamydia for 3 years based on the information you have given. If neither of you had testing before getting together, you can't be sure that he didn't get Chlamydia from him, especially if you are having rashes in your bikini area after sleeping with him. The rash could be irritation from shaving, or a reaction to the soap or cologne that he uses. The most important thing is to make sure that you both get treated for Chlamydia before having sex again, because you can give it back to each other. If you have had Chlamydia for 3 years, it is possible that there will be problems with you getting pregnant due to scarring and you can ask your doctor for a pelvic ultrasound to make sure there are no large cysts or evidence of an infection. I'm not convinced that you have had Chlamydia for that long--even if you had it 3 years ago and got treated, your current boyfriend could have given it to you again or you could have gotten it from your previous partner one year ago. Try not to worry and just make sure that you get treated.