Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

I had a D & C along with Novasure done yesterday. Can I masturbate?

Customer Question

I had a D & C along with Novasure done yesterday. Can I masturbate? (stimulation only no entry)
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Doctor usually advise, that you should not insert anything into the vagina for two weeks following the procedure.Regarding masturbation, by self stimulation, you should wait for atleast one week.If you have associated pain, then you can place a heating pad on your lower abdomen..I understand that you are just asking for stimulation( without any objects), It would be better if you wait for one week. You should also avoid swimming for next 2 days.You may take shower the same day.In case you get- Abnormal Vaginal discharge, increased bleeding, then please see your doctor immediately. God bless you!! I hope this helps.If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
So I can have intercourse after two weeks?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.
Dear, Yes, after 2 weeks, You can have intercourse. No issue with that time frame.You can go for self stimulation after one week. Take care.My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business