Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor
Experience:  MD
23744323

My name is***** morning (four days ago)

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** morning (four days ago) my bf and I had unprotected sex (I was only three days into my bc, not the necessary seven). I took Plan B last night, so about 50-60 hours later, how effective is it that long after? I know it says 72 hours...but my breasts are already sore and occasionally I have slight pain in the area of my left ovary...What do you think that means? Thank you!
JA: The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: Prior to the unprotected sex on Saturday and restarting my bc, I had taken the designated week off. But for months before that I would take bc constantly, not taking the week off. Not sure if that changes anything..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Very effective still. Your risk of pregnancy is practically zero. You just started your pill. Not time for ovulation. And plan B is very effective een after 60 hours. Breast soreness is due to the hormone effect from plan B. Do not worry. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/