Dr. Vakul Aren
Dr. Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H(Univ.of Liverpool),34years of experience
15267045

I have severe itching from a yeast infection. I took two

Customer Question

Hi, I have severe itching from a yeast infection. I took two doses of over the counter treatment and it did not work. I'm having issues with sleeping.
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: I used Miconazole 1 twice. Once on Saturday for the 1 day dose treatment and again today...the itching has increased. I also tried feminine wipes as well.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: I had surgery last year to remove fibroid tumors...that was a tremendous help in terms of a lighter flow. I recently started working out over the last several weeks and I have been prone to sweating.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Vakul Aren replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.The use of local vaginal pessaries and creams is usually effective in uncomplicated vaginal fungal infections.Use of drugs like Clotrimazole,Gyne-Lotrimin vaginal pessaries for 3 or 7 days along with local antifungal creams applied externally will help.Oral Fluconazole capsule may also be of help.