Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor
Experience:  MD

I am going on a trip at the end of the month and

Customer Question

i am going on a trip at the end of the month and i am scheduled to start my period the day i leave. i am not on birth control and haven't been for awhile now, is there anyway i can start a packet now and try and skip it by not taking the sugar pills or throw it off? or can i do ANYTHING else to skip it or schedule it for an earlier or later date?
thanks so much
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.The best option will be to start birth control pill now.Instead of taking the sugar pills, you should start the next pack immediately after the last of current pack.This way you will be able to delay the period as long as you wish.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Even if I haven't been on it for so long it will regulate that fast?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Yes it will--almost 3 weeks left in this month still.Best wishes