Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

Good Afternoon, I am extremely frustrated right now. last july

Customer Question

Good Afternoon, I am extremely frustrated right now. last july 4th i was in a car accident. i was fine physically. i had just finished my period that week before and when i was supposed to have my period the next month it never came. Went to the dr and she had my blood tested. i wasnt pregnant and that there wasnt much else we could do until i missed 3 consectutive months otherwise insurance wouldnt cover tests if it was pcos. around easter we went to see my family and i forgot my birth control( ive been on bc since i was 14 to prevent further cysts since i lost my left ovary to one when i was 14). we were gone for a week. i had one full week and my placebo week left. well I didnt get my period again. I have missed my period last month and now am late for my next one. I have taken several pregnancy tests and am not pregnant. i have gained 20 pounds in the last 3 months even though i have significantly cut down my portion and calorie intake in the last month. i have developed very dark stretch marks on my lower abdomen and i have acne everywhere including on my stomach. i feel extremely bloated or full and moody as hell. I have not been on bc since i got off around easter. Last time this happened my dr told me to stay off until i got my period. I am just really confused and frustrated. I just switched jobs and am waiting for my new insurance to kick in otherwise i Would have gone to the doctor by now.
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Gynecologist should know?
Customer: date of my last day of my last period was 3/13
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 7 months ago.
HiWe answer questions on the site, and you have not really asked a question, but I will assume you want to know what this could be.PCOSAdrenal dysfunction.Thyroid dysfunction.This can also happen from.StressOverworkbeing underweight or overweightLiver or kidney problems.Underlying chronic disease. You need to see an internal medicine doctor at this point.Treatment will depend on the diagnosis.For example: stress, reduce stress. Hypothyrodism, replace thyroid hormone. PCOS, metformin and exercise, is one option. And so on. I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.