Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

I am 20 weeks pregnant and still experiencing nausea.

Customer Question

Hello I am 20 weeks pregnant and still experiencing nausea. I am also experiencing anxiety because I am afraid to go anywhere cause I'm afraid the nausea will strike. I am also emetophobic (afraid of vomiting). I was wondering if the reason why the nausea isn't going away is because of the anxiety? I would obsess about the morning sickness everyday worried that it would come back and it always does despite me taking phenergan and zofran. As a result I am not eating very much because I am afraid if the nausea hits I will vomit. My doctor just put me on buspar a month ago and now i am on 15 mg 2x a day do you think this will help I am tired of morning sickness and anxiety!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 5 months ago.
Hi there ...Thank you for the question ...First three months of pregnancy manifest with nausea , this will settle after 3 months .So relax this is normal .Good luck .Please rate my answer as good service .Regards .
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But I am in my fifth month...: (
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 5 months ago.
In 5th month nausea , yes anxiety is the reason for that .Regards .