khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
20084961

I on day 4 of my first IVF cycle and wanted to check

Customer Question

Hello, I on day 4 of my first IVF cycle and wanted to check the type of light exercises that I could do...I like to do light yoga classes as they are relaxing and destressing without being too intense. But they often include core exercises and one of the IVF clinic nurses told me to avoid any ab/core type of exercises due to the enlarged overaries. What is your take on it...I was going to avoid doing ab crunches and ab twisting, but what about doing static plank for example, would that be a risk as well? I have just seen so many contradicting things on the web that I am a bit confused...
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 7 months ago.
The ab/core type of exercises don't affect your ovaries at all. You don't need to worry about it. Reassured.