khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer: I

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I m 13 weeks pregnant and i ve jst recived the result for my ultrasound
JA: OK. The Gynecologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Gynecologist can help you best.
Customer: the GP this morning said that there is marginal cord insertion (possible) and possible choroid plexus cystis
JA: Is there anything else the Gynecologist should be aware of?
Customer: i asked my gp what can i do and if i could do any ultrascreen before thatn the 20 weeks one but he said to me to not panic and there is nothing that i can do but wait
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Gynecologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 5 months ago.
It is too early to find the marginal cord insertion at 13 weeks because the placenta doesn't form well yet. You don't worry about it now. You should wait and have ultrasound at the second or third trimesters.
Choroid plexus cysts are common sonographic findings during the second trimester. They usually disappear by the third trimester; those that persist are usually asymptomatic and benign.
Isolated choroid plexus cysts detected prenatally are not associated with adverse long-term developmental outcomes. However, fetuses with choroid plexus cysts and additional anomalies are at increased risk of chromosomal abnormalities, especially trisomy 18. A thorough fetal anatomic survey is important when these cysts are detected with additional anomalies. If your baby has additional abnormality, you should have cell-free DNA test in your blood which is not invasive.