Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
93434137

I have been having a constant itch by my vulva 8

Customer Question

I have been having a constant itch by my vulva for about 8 months I have been tested and checked for infection and 2 paps in a year everything looked good. My on have me a steroid and anti tingle didn't work. I have changed soaps with a ph balance in it but it still itches I scratch until I bleed. Sometimes when I scratch it looks like dandruf. I have psoriasis so I don't know if that would effect that region. I also have a 2.2 'm cyst as well
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 7 months ago.
Have you had a vaginal culture?Have you tried an antifungal?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes I have had both the anti fungle doesn't work
What steroid creams have you used for it?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't remember I just moved so it is packed up but it was a antifungal and a steroid in one
Ok you may need a stronger steroid cream (there are mild, moderate and strong potency steroids) in order to control the itching that you are having. I would recommend that you would pursue a consultation with a dermatologist who can manage it since all your cultures and paps have been normal.Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
In this age there is no anti vomiting medication and since we are fairly sure that this is a viral gastroenteritis, he should bounce back relatively quickly. I would alternate pedialyte and breastmilk for the next 2 days to make sure that he stays hydrated. Please avoid any eggs, fried foods, juice or fruits for the next 2 days as this can exacerbate the viral infection. If you must give him food then bread and rice cereal should be fine. In 24 hours, he should be starting to act a little bit more like himself but if vomiting persists more than 24-36 hours or he develops a fever >101, I would take him to the ER for IV fluid hydration. Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.