Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

Just looking at my last lab test results MCHC. Ive

Customer Question

Just looking at my last lab test results for the MCHC. Ive continued to have spells of dizziness and fatigue as well as bleeding between menstrual cycle
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: What information would you need
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had a baby via c-section 10 months ago along with tubal ligation and umbilical hernia repair. Thought it was just hormonal changes and bleeding was due to post pregnancy. However it has continued, my dizziness is much much worse especially during my "cycle". I have taken vitamins, iron supplements etc, but have no improvement and bleeding between cycles now for the last 7 months
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.
HelloThe MCHC is not meaninful unless the hemoglobin is low.Dizziness can be for a number or reasons.Anemia: you have not stated there is any lab that shows you are anemic.Inner ear problems.Metabolic problems such as hyperthyrodism.Brain problems.Problems with the nervous system.Heart problems.Your doctor needs to examine you along these lines.And run a full CBCas well as do any other testing as indicated by exam. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.