LaKrystal Warren
LaKrystal Warren,
Experience:  Physician at Contemporary Women's Care

I'm desperately searching help. I suffered a miscarriage

Customer Question

I'm desperately searching for some help. I suffered a miscarriage in March 2016. Fast forward to today. I have had bloating and slight constipation which is unusual for me. I have a PCOS diagnosis and have had such frequent unexplained naceous, dizzy spells. I've vomitted a couple of times. My breasts are the sorest they've ever and that's not normal even when I'm pre menstrul. My vision has been off and I saw a optometrist who said everything looked great. My boyfriend tells me I'm squinting quite a big. I've been so exhausted and having more anxiety in public which only worrsens the nausea. I've also been having the worse insomnia and issues relaxing and sleeping and weird dreams/nightmares. And night sweats which I've never had before. My OB put me on Metformin and I started that roughly 6-4 weeks ago. My last period 4/10 came like clockwork. My cycles are becoming more regular. Now I have been pregnant twice the first time December 2010 and I miscarried. This last time Febuary 2016 which I also miscarried. I went into the clinic and they preformed a blood hcg and the first week I had it done it was 0.5, then 1 on 4/3 and 4/23. I'm concerned it may be a chemical pregnancy and unsure of what's going on with me.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Then hcg was a 3 on 4/23
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 5 months ago.
Hello,these hcg results exclude any kind of pregnancy for sure. The symptoms you describe can be caused by a hormonal imbalance which can occur during 3 month after a miscarriage. I would recommend the use of monk´s pepper (Vitex agnus-castus, over the counter at pharmacy) which has a cycle regulating effect and should resolve your problem.All the best for you, kind regards,Dr. N. Scheufele
Hello,if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating(3-5 stars).Thanks a lot, all the best for you,Dr. N. Scheufele
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My hormones have been checked 6 different blood labs and all the doctors and emergency room doctors said my hormones are normal and regular now. I would like to work with a woman new Expert. Doctor C, OB who is a woman. Please make my question available to other Experts for no additional charge.
gender discrimination is a quite uncommon behavior in medical treatment, but it´s your decision....Good luck to you.
Expert:  LaKrystal Warren replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I am an OB/GYN and can help you with your issues. The symptoms that you are describing actually sound like a combination of side effects from metformin (nausea/vomiting and dizziness) and acute stress disorder (insomnia, anxiety, difficulty relaxing). Due to your recent miscarriage, you may be suffering from short term anxiety. This is common with the shifts in hormones after a pregnancy related event (miscarriage or delivery). Having miscarriages is distressing, especially if you would like to have a baby!! Regarding your recent testing, it is unlikely that you are pregnant or even having a chemical pregnancy. You had a period on 4/10, so testing hcg prior to a missed period is not recommended. Levels of hcg less than 5 indicate no pregnancy and can be seen in all women. Most labs report the result as less than 2 or less than 5 depending on the sensitivity of their test, so your values fall within negative range. This is what I would expect since you have not missed a period. With PCOS, the biggest concern is regular cycles. Metformin can help with this but is not necessary if you are not overweight and don't have any history of diabetes or insulin resistance. If symptoms continue, you can stop the Metformin. If your periods come regularly, you can try to get pregnant on your own. If you are not having regular cycles, you may need a medication to help you ovulate (like Clomid or Letrozole) in order to become pregnant. If you miss a period this month, take a pregnancy test and go from there. Good luck!